Are you a capital markets enthusiast and aspiring consultant who is looking for an opportunity to get into the business? If you’ve got strong project management and communications skills, have a knack for building effective presentations and have a solid grounding in financial metrics, NATIONAL’s fast-growing capital markets practice wants you.
NATIONAL is Canada’s largest and most established investor relations and financial communications firm. We provide clients with a uniquely integrated service offering that combines deep capital markets knowledge and experience with strategic communications, the firepower of digital analytics, and best-in-class creative and marketing support.
If you want to be involved in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment and are looking for an opportunity to hone your consulting skills, then NATIONAL is the place for you.
NATIONAL serves companies of all sizes, in all industries…from TSX60 issuers to early stage startups, ranging from technology and healthcare to mining, real estate and cannabis. We’re an established, successful firm with deep roots in the capital markets…but we have a start-up mentality – we move fast, do great work, and help our clients succeed.
NATIONAL Capital Markets is a part of NATIONAL Public Relations, one of the world’s leading independent communications firms – with offices across Canada and the United States and in London UK.
What you will do
As an integral member of the capital markets team, you will be expected to:
- Keep us organized, support our work, and ensure that our time is spent serving our clients with maximum efficiency
- Ensure client regulatory filings are completed on time and accurately
- Liaise with newswire services, transfer agents and exchanges on behalf of our clients
- Use market intelligence tools and databases to research client and peer ownership, trading trends, and prepare reports
- Support in the design, management, and execution of successful investor relations programs and campaigns (which may include message development; copywriting/editing; interacting with members of the investment community such as analysts, portfolio managers, investment bankers, retail brokers, and the financial media; coordinating non-deal roadshows; preparing disclosure documents, etc.)
- Keep abreast of evolving capital markets trends, industry and competitive issues and developments that impact our clients
- Provide executive and team administrative support, including, but not limited to, calendars, meetings and minute taking, invoice payment, project tracking/organization, database maintenance, and event management
- Work with other NATIONAL divisions and teams to deliver integrated services (from media relations and advertising to digital content development and stakeholder research)
- Demonstrate a continual desire to hone your skills and develop your abilities
The ideal candidate profile
All members of the capital markets team are expected to step up, push boundaries and demonstrate leadership. We deliver value by providing informed, strategic counsel and high quality, client-centric services. A track record as a proactive value-builder who executes to the highest standards is a key asset for this role, as well as:
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written, and a desire to develop your client engagement skills
- Familiarity with capital markets and an understanding of financial statements and disclosure documents
- A desire and ambition to work hard and be a team player
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume in confidence.
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.