We believe in moving the horizon – driving ourselves and our clients to reach further and do more. We want to create meaningful, memorable work that makes a difference – regionally, nationally and internationally.
If you’re passionate about creativity and thrive in a fun, fast-paced, high-energy work environment, you’ll love it here. We are dedicated professionals who work with clients across every facet of communication, from campaign development to strategic planning, and public engagement to reputation management. Based in our Halifax office, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a tightly integrated environment with passionate problem solvers and curious, creative minds who bring out the best in each other.
- Strong design and conceptual skills
- Confident decision maker
- Collaborator and connector
- Focused achiever
- Team player
- Client focused
As Art Director you will think strategically, create breakthrough concepts and ideas, find unexpected ways to bring them to life, and oversee all related work to ensure everything is perfect. You are a keen decision maker and understand what it means to own your work. You will collaborate with a dedicated team, specializing in solving for our client’s needs across varied and diverse sectors. You must be comfortable working autonomously to keep projects advancing, and be able to work with teams in executing concepts in both traditional and digital spaces. You will utilize your proven campaign development experience to:
- Work from a brief and alongside a writer, able to translate business goals into relevant, appropriate, surprising and insightful design and concepts
- Conceptualize and lead visual design solutions for a wide variety of projects including campaign development, branding, website development and digital
- Comfortable being client facing and co-creating, able to deliver creative presentations and presentation skills and able to develop strong relationship with clients
- Participate in, and lead, brainstorming sessions with clients and team members
- Keep current on design and communication trends and share knowledge and best practices with team members
- Used to working with, hiring and managing local photographers, illustrators and videographers
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in an advertising agency or design firm, developing and implementing creative campaigns and projects
- In-depth understanding of client deliverables and the ability to take responsibility for them
- Outstanding creativity and conceptual strength
- Exceptional collaboration and teamwork skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and work across a range of accounts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Dynamic, positive, and forward-thinking attitude
- Fluent Mac and all relevant Adobe programs
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Strong client focus and ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Experienced problem solver with the ability to interpret and respond to internal and client feedback
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Brilliant communication skills and the ability to work well within a team
- Portfolio of past work required
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.